Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Design Contest!

Recently I had the privilege of participating in a really fun contest that was put on by the company I work for! The Visual Merchandising team and I were challenged to take the front entries of each our stores and transform them into a Fall wonderland! (I really do love my job, so much.) I have no idea who will win as the entire design team is very talented and does such beautiful work! I just feel so blessed to have a job where I am given the support and budget to be creative! So much fun! I was a little worried because I am currently 8 1/2 months pregnant, swollen as EVER, and functioning on very little sleep with a brain that is truly incapable of processing anything quickly these days. Ha! So I was a little nervous that what I thought was 'creative' may actually turn out as scary and a pregnancy brain nightmare, not to mention that my water would break in the middle of hanging a picture! Luckily, that didn't happen and I ended up really enjoying myself!  I wanted to think a little outside the box and not stick only to the traditional fall color palette, so I threw in a deep teal... just for fun! (I have to give a shout out to my mama, turquoise is her favorite color and I always feel like I'm doing a tribute to her when I use it in a display! Love you mama!) Happy October! Now all we need is for the weather to match the season here in San Diego! :) Here are some pictures of my final product! Enjoy!

Here is what my entry (Master Bedroom section) looked like before!

And after:

It's a blustery day in my store (apparently) :) I attached the fall leaves to the wall in a pattern with a staple gun and dabbed a little blue paint on each for fun! The leaves were from the Dollar Store, $1 for a bag of 50 leaves! Super easy and cheap, and love that the staples only create tiny holes in the wall so it's a project you can do at home without having major clean up to do after the season is over.
 Here is my dining entry (torn apart.. it was much nicer before I took it apart to set up. haha) before:
Annnnd after:

Fireplace:
My table runner was really easy to make, I just printed vintage family photos out and attached them to an already existing runner with Fabirc Tac (which I am obsessed with, by the way. That stuff is genius and I use it all the time.) The chargers for the centerpiece and place settings are just slabs of wood from Michael's, I used a leaf as a stamp to add a little of my accent color.


The art installation above the dining table are my "leaf lanterns." They are made of paper lanterns that I covered in fall leaves (attached with Fabric Tac... I'm telling you, I love that stuff) and splashes of paint. And the little acorn bundles are just made of jumbo acorns (Big Lots) and a couple other fun fall accessories bundled together into little clusters. 

And that's about it! Hope you enjoyed!! Have fun decorating your homes for fall! 

xo,
r.






1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on winning the Fall design contest!! You did an awesome job!! Mamawash

    ReplyDelete